autismspeaks.org

05 October 2008

Hello!

Well, for those of you who know me, you know that I'm not fond of modern technology! I like the old fashioned way of communicating with people via telephone (not texting, actually speaking to a live person!), and of course, writing letters.
But recently, I was talking to a friend of mine from out of state and they convinced me that they would appreciate a blog because it would allow them access to my family when they wanted it and it would help them miss us less. They could access it 24/7 and they would be able to copy pictures without waiting for me to send them (Yes, I still use film!)
So here I am trying to navigate this world of cyberspace that I have fought long and hard to protest against!
I hope to have pictures updated soon as my children all have digital cameras! I also have tons of pictures I would have to sort through and scan in order to download. I probably am making extra work for myself, but that's okay. I don't expect this to take the place of my phone or letters. As my friend said, I'll consider it a supplement to what I normally do and also a way to get my feet wet.
I hope you all enjoy this blog and I hope to make it interesting. More importantly, I hope my children will enjoy it because they are the reason I am doing it! Love you all!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE IT!! You Blog made me miss you TONS! Your Family has grown SO much! Please check out my blog...
http://onesharpblog.blogspot.com/
It is a Great way to just keep in touch!