autismspeaks.org

02 March 2009

As I watch you grow...

Do you how much you mean to me,
As you grow into what you will be?
You came from within, just beneath my heart,
It's there you'll always be though your life will now start.
You're growing so fast, it sends me awhirl,
With misty eyes I ask, "Where's my little girl?"
I know sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,
But one day you will see I taught you well because I care.
The next few years will quickly fly, with laughter and joy,
mixed with tears that I cry.
As you begin to grow to womanhood,
this fact you must know,
You'll always be a source of pride no matter where you go.
You must stand tall and proud,
within you feel no fear,
For all your dreams and goals sit before you very near.
With God's love in your heart,
and the world by its tail,
You'll always be my winner; victorious,
you will prevail!
For you this poem was written ,with help from above,
To tell you in a rhythm of your mother's heartfelt love...
Kay Theese

No comments: