autismspeaks.org

09 June 2009

Unfinished things...

I was getting ready for bed and was going through my mental to-do list and had a shocking revelation at how many things I don't finish or am 'going to' finish and never get through. The more I thought about it, the more impressive my list became and of course I started to get anxious. My husband likes to remind me of how important it is to write things down so I'm not mulling things over and over in my head! So I figured I'd list a few here, they won't be in any particular order, to share the insanity that is my brain...
1. the blanket I started 2 or 3 years ago...
2. Aalyia's scrapbook
3. early colonial history curriculum (looks great)
4. crotched backpack
5. Baby blanket
6. two skirts I bought material for...
7. the landscaping
8. our fireplace room (still needs mouldings)...
9. a number of boring or what I thought were boring books... still would like to get through them just to say I did... sick, I know
10. a number of recipes I've been meaning to make
11. framing pictures
12. painting two dressers... it sounded good at the time
13. detailing our van
14. going to D.C., our two hour speed tour doesn't count I guess
15. fixing Gage's jacket
16. fixing Bob's pants
17. fixing my sweater
18. weeding the garden
19. moving the peonies
20. painting the back of the house... again!
21. returning the videos I borrowed from a friend... haven't forgotten an no, I haven't seen any of them yet :(
22. oh, rug that I was learning to knit... sorry Melisa
23. finish cleaning out the attic
24. put in kitchen floor (we are currently living with the sub-sub floor. no typo
25. long list of people to contact via letters and phone calls
26. sew the buttons on two dresses and three sweaters (we don't need the sweaters now and we won't need the summer dresses in the winter so hence, you can see why they haven't gotten done..)
27. paint kitchen (if I paint the kitchen I can live with the ugly cabinets, but I don't want to keep the cabinets so why go through the work , hmmm...)
28. clean the kitchen cabinets now that we have made a HUGE dent in what was once our food storage...
29. oh no! roci's birthday again!????!
30. Work on a vanity for Mercedes
31. and the list goes on
This is just a sample of what goes on in my mind at any given moment along with the many other thoughts like 'What should I make for dinner?' and 'I have to water the plants' and 'Oh crap, I forgot to put the laundry in the dryer'...

No, I really did forget to put the laundry in the dryer... gotta go

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it. I have been thinking abotu that "finishing things" issue lately too :)

The Metzgers said...

Hey, I was wondering if you would come over and make my unfinished things list. I can't even get that finished. I love you tons.