autismspeaks.org

28 October 2009

Echo Hill is really Yucky hill

I know that sounds harsh, but we went apple and pumpkin picking at Echo Hill last year and they did not have a good crop of apples. I threw out the four bags we picked. The pumpkins were okay.
So, why did we go back? Well, they have a tractor ride that is fun and their cider doughnuts and cider are very yummy. They also have a cute gift shop. I also love starting traditions. With my sister living so close, I thought going to a new place would be cool. (We used to go to Atkins Farm.)
Fast forward a year and we decided to try Echo Hill again.
Let's just say that the doughnuts were yummy, the cider nice and hot and the tractor ride was fun. Oh, the weather was nice to. Please don't ask about the apples or about the pumpkin 'patch'.








We did get to visit with Sparky from the fire department and of course we had fun visiting. I mean, come on. Who wouldn't have fun with us....

3 comments:

Lucy said...

You need to check out Easy Pickins in Enfield... pretty close still, really good apples and other things to pick. No tracker ride (maybe on one or two special days) and I don't think they have cider and doughnuts, but they are so nice :) I go there for my blueberries, raspberries, peaches, apples, asian pears, etc...

Sol said...

I cant recommend any other place for you since we are so far and I dont know the area....however if you guys are ever in Idaho, I will take you to the Farmstead Cornmaze, it's really cute and fun!

Pack N Pounce said...

We saw you going out as we came in and I agree that the crop was...Yucky. Loved the gift shop! We spent more time there than we did in the orchard! Next year I'll be calling Lucy for the name of Easy Pickins, cause you know I'll never remember!