autismspeaks.org

01 January 2011

The New Year is here...

The new year is here and sadly I am not ready for it. I needed at least another week to catch up.
I wanted to be organized and ready to meet this year head on but I'm still working on 2010's to-do list :0
After much contemplating, I figured the best thing for me is to keep plugging along. No stress, no worries, right? I mean, life still continues regardless of whether you are ready or not.
So, here's to 2011 and all it has in store for me; good, bad and ugly. I guess I'll take it all :)
I pray that everyone out there will be blessed with all they need and a few wants along the way ;)

I would like to add that our family wishes Miriam a fantastic experience at BYU. She will be leaving tomorrow. She went to my sister's to have a wonderful turkey dinner with us and to visit. It wasn't until she was leaving that it hit me all at once that we wouldn't be seeing her sweet smile for awhile... and for Gage even longer. I was so sad for her and him that it took all I had not to cry. We said our good-byes and promised to write. She also promised that she would visit us in July when she comes back. My son will be long gone on his mission by then. I couldn't help but feel for him. So many, many changes that he's been through over the last few months but so many more ahead of him. As his mom I've always been fiercely protective of him. He's my only son and he is very sweet and sensitive. I want to protect him from change and the challenges that come with them but I know this will not serve him well. I am aware that it is not even possible to do so, but just the same it is difficult to watch any of my children struggle.
I understand it is part of life and will help him grow and strengthen him, but just the same, I miss those evenings when he would curl up on my lap to listen to 'Snuggle Piggy and the Magic Blanket' just one more time. I miss tucking him in bed and knowing he was safe under the same roof I was in. I miss him waking me up early with his cute grin wondering if I was going to make pancakes or if he was having cold cereal. Is it normal to long for him even though he hasn't left yet?? Too many changes, too quickly...
I wonder if my mom felt the same for me... I wonder what Miriam's mom is feeling.

Well Gage. Just know that no matter how crappy you may feel now, it does get better. This is all part of the learning process. Trust that God loves you and knows you and wants you to be happy. He is always there for you and so am I. I love you

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Ahhhh, this post was too sweet Gail! Makes me sad already that my kids will be heading out to college and missions soon. Gage is one lucky guy to have a Mama who loves him so much!

P.S. Your Christmas card was darling, thanks!!!

Kimmy said...

You made me cry!