autismspeaks.org

18 June 2012

Project 6... part two Yard Sale!!

Wow. Purging is hard work.
I had decided that the yard sale would be one day. Whatever was sold was sold and everything else would be given away or donated. I still have to finish my attic. I know if I look around there is more I can part with. The end goal is to have things that are absolutely loved and have a purpose. I am well on my way to reaching that goal. This yard sale did not make much. Considering the hours I put into organizing and cleaning, I made about $4 an hour. I know it's a bit sad, but it's more than I started with. No shame in honest work.
It was nice to have a goal set because it kept me motivated. I took action and I accomplished what I set out to do.  I'll keep picking away at it and make sure to keep on top of what I bring into my home. I have to remind myself to ask, 'Why do I want this?', 'Do I need it?', 'Does it have more than one use?' Hopefully being mindful will keep me from amassing unecessary JUNK!!
My project for July will be my yard. It's in sad shape. I need to remulch my beds, weed, fertilize, and landscape in front of the pool. I am entertaining the idea of rain barrels, too. I would like to fix my patio as well, but that might be a bit ambitious. But that's okay:) Setting the goals is what is making the difference for me. I'm really good at talking a good game so that is why I decided to blog about my projects. It would keep me honest!
I'll be sure to take before, during and after pictures. I like pictures with blog posts. It's like adding an accessory to an outfit. It is not necessary, but it can help tie it all together.

No comments: