autismspeaks.org

27 May 2009

Gage's first dddate...

CHECK US OUT!!!!!!!

How cute!!!!
robot sculpture at the show
Miriam being polite

Ugh! My son is old enough to date. I don't know how I feel about that. I guess it depends on which day you talk to me. Sometimes I feel great about it. You know, it's the next phase of life and all that. But then there are my dark days where I am just watching life race past me and I'm in the middle standing still. At 11:38 pm I guess I'm feeling overwhelmed. That's funny, because the other day I was feeling good about it. It's not who he is dating because she is a very sweet girl (her name is Miriam.) I guess it just comes down to the age thing. Or more specific, My age thing... my aging.
Okay. so let's start over.
Gage went out on his first official date with his "girl"friend Miriam. They met last year at a church function and haven't stopped talking since.
Gage took Miriam to an art show in Northampton and then they went into downtown Noho and had dinner and did some window shopping. I myself love Northampton. While they did their thing, Mercedes and I hung out as well.

Gage won't get his license until January of '10 so I was the chauffeur. I was more than happy to do it. I know how excited he was and I also know how much he appreciates what we do for him which makes it easier to do things for him. It also gave me some mom and daughter time with my Mercedes!

1 comment:

mckellebmassmemo said...

What a lucky girl to have such a good looking date! How nice that they let you take pictures. I really miss Mass, I really miss the ward, and despite how it looks on the blog, we are all still feeling a little lost. Chelsea still hasn't found friends but we are hoping it will happen soon. Thanks for the sweet package from the party. It really meant a lot to Chelsea!