autismspeaks.org

27 May 2009

Post-OP... yuck

Lucky Melisa! She happened to be over when Bobby needed his bandages changed and of course I recruited her help. I found out that she was much more gentle than I and she notified me that if Eli ever needed something like this done, she figured I would be just as gentle with her husband. Maybe it has to do with the fear factor. The swelling you see in his bicep and left pec is actually saline that was left after surgery and his body will absorb over time. It looked like a water balloon!
I want to thank those who have been here to support us and please continue the prayers for Bobby's speedy recovery!
By the way, the initials on his shoulder are not from the nurse who was flirting with him (until she found out I was his wife), they belong to the surgeon!