autismspeaks.org

10 February 2010

Ummm... where's the snow?

I have to laugh. I have no idea how predicting the weather works nor do I care to know. I just feel bad for the meteorologists when things like today happen. All we've been hearing for 24 hours is about this big storm that is heading our way and considering the fact that we've had a mild winter, this is going to be a big deal. Schools were cancelled, daycares were closed and some people were lucky enough to get to stay home from work.
At 5:00 am the news said the storm would be here around 7:00 am. Then at 8:00 am they said it's going to start any minute now. At noon they said not be caught off guard because the snow would be here any time now. It is now 4:45 pm and I'm thinking maybe God knew how much I was dreading the snow that He put our street in a protective bubble and is keeping us safe from the frantic snowstorm that is going on around us.
Hmmm.... Maybe it's one of those slow moving storms and it will hit hard tonight while we sleep. Got to love the media and all there hype. Even with the weather.

No comments: