autismspeaks.org

19 April 2010

My son is an Eagle Scout!

What a week for Gage! First, I'd like to congratulate my son for getting his Eagle. He's worked so hard for it and had almost quit a couple of times due to circumstances beyond his control, but he persevered and it payed off! We are so proud of you. He also scored a car from his loving Abuela. I don't know who was happier about the car, him or my mom!


Gage earned 25 merit badges and completed a service project for the Springfield Rescue Mission with lots of help and support from friends and family. I won't tell you how I spent part of Monday and all day Tuesday (the day of his board of review) sewing patches that he should have received ages ago but hadn't. I also won't tell you how sore my finger and hands were by the end of the day. By the way, never use an embroidery needle to sew badges on a sash:) I'm not sure, but I think a bigger needle may have made the job a little easier...












1 comment:

Sol said...

I should dig through my mission pictures and post a picture of Gage when he was eety-beety. Good job Gage. Make sure you take your family for a ride on your new wheels. High five for you!(And High five to your family for supporting you to get the Eagle Scout program.)