autismspeaks.org

04 November 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

My daughter was commenting recently about how we never do anything anymore. I beg to differ. Here are some pics on the goings on in our lives...

In the month of October alone, we accomplished all you see here,(not necessarily in the order of the pictures. My computer is funny about how it chooses to load them.) Above, we are at my sister's for her 'non' Halloween party; below is my sis-in-law Joanne and I at a scrapbook retreat up in Vermont... so fun; I got Two albums done! yahoo!
A very colorful character who was gracious enough to pose with me in New York on my hope-to-be yearly excursion! ;); He commented that he wished he'd had time to get dressed up... hmmm,

Getting ready to trick-or-treat on Halloween night~ this spot is infamous. We always take a picture at our front door. It has evolved over the years.


Roci's room make-over; the 'after'. By the way, Mercedes primed the furniture and I painted it! It came out very nice! I'm not sure about the knobs though. They irk me a little. I think they need to be painted or replaced. Not sure yet...



This is the 'before' picture which should be before the top one, but it's not!...



Evening in Excellence at church... Princesses of God. Much time and thought went into this program. It was beautiful. And Janel's talk was inspiring!I cooked the food and was happy not to burn anything!

a picture of Aalyia on our walk and visit to the Farmer's Market at Forest Park;
She purchased, with her own money, a container of blueberry yogurt, kettle corn and two cookies, one for her and one for Roci. She promised Mercedes that she would buy her one next time but would be happy to share her kettle corn!
Kaleigh's open house/Book sale; of course Abuela had to spoil everyone buy buying them a book and junk, I mean cute pointers/nose pickers/eye pokers :)
A hike to Mt. Tom and a stop for dinosaur tracks; this is where I discovered that my camera does take black and white photos!


trip to NYC for Roci's friend Tatiana's birthday; Museum of Natural History, Central Park, FAO Schwartz and a stop by the temple. Doesn't get any better than that!

Friends and family over for dinner/Dave's 40th birthday party; full house, tons of food and dessert. It doesn't get any better than this! Good food by the way; didn't burn anything here either...

Carillon Field trip at Trinity Church; Mercedes will be taking lessons now, oh you'll enjoy it. and if not, at least you can play something you may not want to play. Is that so bad??
Roci and Mercedes' performance at Red Riding Hood's Basket... sold out of course ;) ha ha
So Mercedes, do you still think we don't do much? I'm exhausted just looking at the pictures and I lived them! Guess what? the holidays are just peeking around the corner! gulp
Oh I wanted to mention that Mercedes has officially passed the GED exam!!!! Yea for her! We are very proud of her. Two down, two to go! She is also recuperating from having her wisdom teeth removed this week. I didn't take pictures of her and I'm sure she'll thank me for that some day! She is a trooper.





























No comments: