autismspeaks.org

13 January 2012

Happy New Year... and all that other jazz

Hey, hey, look who's back! Seven weeks in a cast is no fun. Oh, your body does forget how to do things when you don't use it! I always thought that was weird, but now I GET it. My arm, not just my wrist, was useless for a while until I could exercise it and 'teach' it to move again.

I am stunned at how quickly time passes! I guess that's why they say you go "down hill" after 40.
I had surgery on my wrist back in September and just finished rehab the Friday before Christmas. My wrist is about 85 percent recovered. I still have trouble with push ups and some yoga moves, but I'm still working on it.
I am a firm believer that the way you bring in the New Year will set the tone for the rest of the year. I brought the New Year in, in bed. It was about 11:30 when I decided to get under the covers and just read. I was a little sad that we were not in Northampton watching the ball, but it was so nice to be still and warm. At midnight, I received about 12 texts and a couple of phone calls wishing our family a Happy New Year. Mercedes came down stairs from her room and was a little surprised to find everyone sleeping, that is of course, but me.
I had a hectic holiday season this year. Most of it is a blur. But, it was nice to end the year relaxing in bed!
New Years, for me, means new beginnings. I know that may sound weird to some, but I feel a little bit of magic in it. A fresh, clean slate to start over with. I LOVE it!
One of my resolutions is to get a job. I've been inquiring, hoping to get a clerk or secretarial job of some sort. Just part time, of course, so I can still be home to do all my mommy things. I actually started back in September and I finally landed an interview for this Tuesday for a clerk's position.
I have to say that my most favorite job in the WHOLE world has been staying home. I am my own boss and I make my own hours. I get to take a 2 hour lunch if I want to and I get to move the furniture around when I get tired of looking at it. That is pretty hard to beat, except for the fact that I don't make any money doing it. I've come to realize that I hate money, especially when I don't have any. That would be where the job thing comes in.
I have been spending the last few days thinking about things that I am truly thankful for. My toothbrush, chocolate and toilet paper hit the top 10, along with my amazing family and incredible friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. I am hoping to add a job to that list. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday!
Wow, it's good to be back!

1 comment:

Just me. said...

I love the new year too! Hope you get a job that you like :)