autismspeaks.org

24 February 2012

Yaoza! Project 2, DONE!

I can hardly believe it myself. This wasn't my first sewing project. I've made a couple of blouses, a pair of slacks and a skirt in junior high, and a few quilts. But those projects were made with plenty of help:) This was my first one all by myself. It only took me about 6 hours from beginning to end. I finished it after bookclub last night at about 12:30 this morning. I know it doesn't look like much, but I'm happy with it! It feeds my handbag fetish. This one only cost me just under $6 to make. Now that I know what I'm doing, this bag IS easy:) Aalyia wants me to help her make one and I offered to make one for Mercedes since I wasn't able to find her a brown canvas bag for Christmas. I wonder if I can squeeze in 2 more bags by the end of the month???? Hmmm.... I think I'm not thinking clearly due to lack of sleep, but, what the heck, I'll go for it. In the meantime, I need to decide on project 3 for March. It will be either completing a scrapbook or finishing my backpack that I started back in 2003. I know, I really drag some of those projects out! By the way, thanks for the support! It's been fun to have people ask how things are coming along:)

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Looks great I can't believe you stayed up and finished it... Can't wait to see it in person.

Jennifer said...

Make that three bags...I want one :) SO BEAUTIFUL !!!

Jo said...

Wonderful job!!
xxoo
Jo