autismspeaks.org

09 February 2013

You had me at 'Driving Ban!'... you had me at driving ban...

When my mom called me yesterday and told me that the governor issued a driving ban, I thought 'Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
I pictured myself reading and scrapbooking all weekend. Ask me what I've done? Let me give you a hint. It doesn't include books or pictures... BOO!
But it has been nice to be home and not have to go anywhere, or more specifically, not be able to go anywhere! I vote for more driving bans! Let's say once a week sans the snow:)
 
My husband called me around 7:00 am and I thought for sure he'd be stuck at work. He told me to look outside the window. I looked, but didn't see his truck. I did see someone who looked like they were kneeling in the road.
 
I realized quickly that Bobby wasn't kneeling. I went outside and asked him where his truck was and he told me he had to leave it a few blocks away because none of the secondary roads had been plowed and that included ours and he doesn't have 4-wheel drive. Now, that's funny! He walked home in the snow! In a storm, a few blocks is FAR!
 
The girls wasted no time getting outside!
 
This picture was taken at 1:30 and the road is still not plowed. We have 4 possible entrances to our street and NONE of them are passable!
 
This photo of the end of our driveway was taken around 4:30 and the plow made a small path down the left side of the street and only down 2/3 of the street at that. The truck blocked the driveways with more snow and we still can't get out of our driveway because, one, our side of the street was the side NOT plowed, and two, Bobby is exhausted from shoveling and working all night and the snowblower is almost out of fuel. Well, that's as good as it gets for now.
We will be spending another day at home if the plows don't clear this street by morning. Even when they do, we will still have to clear the end of the driveway because we will have a mound in front of it due to the beautiful plows and their design! FUN!!!!
It's a little disturbing to know that life is going on out there and we are stuck in here...
Okay people, just don't forget that there we are here:)
 

1 comment:

mckellebmassmemo said...

Holy Cow! That's a lot of snow!! The other day Cord was really sad and said "Mom, it didn't snow on Christmas", too bad we aren't there for him to play in it.