autismspeaks.org

28 January 2009

Bobby's flying high!

Bobby wanted to go skydiving for his 40th birthday, but because of money it didn't happen. Then 2 years ago, he had another chance to go, but the weather didn't hold out.
Last year, his cousin Anabelle called him and told him she wanted to go and if he would be interested in going with her. She didn't need to ask twice!
We went to a place called Jumptown ( think it was in Greenfield... I think). The weather was beautiful. I was so nervous for them! I must say, though, that when I saw them coming down, I wanted (for that moment) to do it too! Bobby has a way of making things so much more fun! You can see by the look on his face he was having a great time.
When he was still a speck in the sky, I could hear him yelling. Those of you who know my hubby will know what I mean by his "yell". Anyway, the kids said they couldn't hear him at first, but as he got closer, they eventually did. He does have a big mouth.
I was thankful that the family could be there including his sister and chitlins. Kaleigh was very upset when she found out he was jumping out of a plane. At first she thought it was a joke, but then she put the phone down and started to cry. My sister said she was very scared and upset. She said it's not safe! Melisa was able to explain it to her and she finally calmed down.
I hope Bobby gets to do this again soon. He had the time of his life!
Here is a slideshow of some of pictures and hopefully I will figure out how to put some of the video footage on here sometime soon... ENJOY!! Oh by the way, make sure to pause the music on the player so you can enjoy the music off the slideshow!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! I could NEVER do it! I felt sick just looking at the pictures. Wow! That is about all I can say... WAY TO GO BOB!

mckellebmassmemo said...

WOW that so amazing!!! How cool that they take those awesome pics so you can relive the experience. Congrats Bob!!!

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness, he's brave!!!!! What an experience though...those pictures are awesome! Poor Kaleigh was so worried for her uncle...too cute! I'm so excited for Melisa...YAY!

mckellebmassmemo said...

On a side note, I got the deer picture from an e-mail, I didn't take it, I just thought it was funny and fitting for yet another snow day :)

Sol said...

Que valiente!!! Good for him for doing what he wanted for his bday!