autismspeaks.org

04 January 2010

Happy New Year!

I've always believed that the way you bring in the New Year sets the tone for the following year. This year Bobby and I were invited to chaperon a New Year's Eve party for the youth at our church. I was excited to help at first, but I have to admit that with the running around I did during the holiday rush, I started to wonder if I would have the energy.
I am so happy I helped out because I had a wonderful time! It was nice to have a wholesome, safe activity for the youth to participate in. There was music, dancing and a room set up for games and socializing. I won't talk about all the food there was either... (there was tons:)
It was a great way to bring in the New Year. I was sad that Mercedes was sick so she couldn't be there. She slept through the New Year hoopla so I'm hoping this year will be mellow for her (wink!)
For me, it was a chance to show my rusty, outdated moves and to release some serious pent up energy. I am anticipating a rocking 2010!!!!!
Hanging with the peeps... these girls know how to have fun

3...2...1... Happy New Year!!!
Celebrating an early Christmas Eve with our favorite Westside Family...
Christmas Eve at home
Helping Gage with his Eagle Scout project for the Springfield Rescue Mission was a great way to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Check out WGGB.com/Fox 61 and look for Gage. He was on the news Christmas Day for his project. He was able to collect items for over 50 gift bags for the mission and many donations for the shelter. Everyone was so gracious and thankful. We are also thankful. So many people donated selflessly and were willing to help out with anything that was needed! In the end it wasn't about the Eagle Scout project, it was about helping people and letting them know we care.
I know sometimes people think that during the holidays people want to help others to make themselves feel better, but I have to say that the holidays are the most important times to reach out and let people know that they are being thought of amidst all the holiday chaos. Many people are alone or lonely and any sign of caring speaks volumes.
This picture is a sample of the many, many people who made the project possible.

This picture was taken at the Springfield Symphony Hall. I took the chitlins to see the Nutcracker. We went with Nicholas and Noel Metzger and had a great time.
I am looking forward to an amazing year. I love the tradition of setting resolutions. I set one that lasted two days. That's right, two whole days :) But that's okay. I have a slew of resolutions to work on. One by one, one day at a time. I'll keep you posted and let you know how it works out! I'm going for a one week record and work my way up! Happy New Year! this one is going to be BIG!!!




1 comment:

Jenn said...

Great pics from the New Year's Eve Bash!!!