autismspeaks.org

18 July 2011

Seriously...




(I learn from my mistakes... most times. I decided to look for someone else's not-so-great picture to post on this entry. The last time I posted a not-so-flattering picture of myself it ended up being one of my most seen entries! Not so great.)

Why do I need a picture of a frustrated person?? It is how I have been feeling for a few days. You see, there is something personal I am going through and although I'm not at liberty to talk about it now, it is very stressful!!

I know that there are lessons to be learned from trials, but it is so hard to think about that during the trial and even harder for me to remain faithful and optimistic. I always feel like this will be the time that God decides not to help or comfort because He sees how often I screw up. He'll think, "oh well... too bad. Can't keep bailing you out. Tsk, tsk."
I know that fear is the total opposite of faith. I get it, but it is difficult to understand that God loves me no matter what and even bigger, that Christ's attonement works even for me. Every time I ask. Every time?? Really?? Hmmm... I'm feeling a lot like Peter when he denied Jesus. And Peter walked with Him and witnessed miracles first hand! And yet, he went on to become a powerful apostle.
To fear and doubt is to deny Christ. That is why Peter denied Him, because he was scared. And here I am doing the same thing, "Who Him?? Uhh, I don't know Him. He won't help me. I'm a screw up."

But then, I read a scripture that says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrightousness."
Or this one, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Or this biggie," For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Wow.
I think I'm feeling a little better... for the moment;) I think I'll have some yummy birthday cake that an angel friend made for me with some coconut milk ice cream that another angel friend gave me!! That will help remind me that God is full of love and mercy;)
Some prayers thrown our way would be much appreciated as well... Thanks for listening.
God IS good.

1 comment:

Sol said...

you have some great friends. my friends dont bring me cake and ice cream :) Whatever you are going thru, you will overcome because you are one of the greatest, strongest women I have met in my whole 36 years of life, and I have me many many many people. chin up, and keep going.