autismspeaks.org

11 September 2011

a funny thing happened on the way to the doctor...

I finally had surgery on my wrist. I was surprisingly calm while I was being prepped for surgery. All went well. The doctor repaired torn ligaments and cut a section of tendon that was apparently spent. He decided that my radius would stay intact because the injury wasn't near the bone and didn't feel it was exacerbating the problem, which is wonderful because that was supposed to be the worst part of the surgery.
Isn't this a lovely picture my mom took?? It is in the recovery room... she told me I looked great... She lied!




As I was home recovering, Bobby had an appointment with his chiropractor down the street from our house. He had dropped Aalyia off at school, which is why he was driving; he usually walks.
During the appointment, he heard a loud sound outside. Turns out that a young man driving home from work fell asleep at the wheel and drove straight into Gage's car!!!
Bobby has been using it while Gage is in Paraguay. The car was pushed from it's spot in front of the office, into a tree, then into a truck that had been in front of the car about 15 feet away.


Gage's car is on the right... It was originally parked by the tree on the far left of the picture. Yes, it was sitting in the road. Can you imagine what would have happened to Bobby had he been in the car or getting into it???

I am so sad for Gage. He told me he felt that with the latest string of natural disasters and bad weather, he wasn't sure what would be left of Springfield. Hmmmm....
I know he'll be happy to hear his father's okay, but what a crummy thing to happen:(
We joked about selling the car before he came home (like in the RM), but of course, it was a joke. Not so funny, huh?
Something good will come out of this, God is good:)

4 comments:

Elisa said...

I gave a talk in church today about the blessings that I have received from serving a mission. When I spoke about "the people I met" I was talking about YOU GUYS!

I still can't believe Gage is old enough to be a missionary. I just picture him reciting "Chicken Soup with Rice" Will you email me his address? elisaray@gmail.com

So sorry to see his crushed car!

Burnhams said...

So Glad Bobby and Aaliya were not in the car! Cars can be replaced, people cant. Hopefully the other kid has insurance and theyw ill replace the car for you.

The Metzgers said...

Oh NO! How sad.

MIR said...

Glad everyone is okay! I am really going to miss that car! Took my drivers test in that car! SAD DAY! :( :(